The University Council determines the number of students to be admitted for an academic year on the basis of the recommendations presented by the Faculty Councils and the respective departments at the Faculty. The general evaluation procedures for new freshman and internal transfer students are described below.
For admission to the university, the student must satisfy the following requirements:
- The applicant should have high school diploma/certificate or an equivalent certificate (with a minimum GPA of 3 out 5) from inside or outside Saudi Arabia not more than five years old.
- The applicant should have obtained the secondary school certificate, or its equivalent, in a period of less than five years prior to his application. However, the University Council may waive this condition if the applicant has a persuasive explanation.
- The applicant should have a certificate of good conduct.
- The applicant should successfully pass any examinations or interviews deemed necessary by the University Council.
- The applicant must be medically fit.
- The applicant must obtain the approval of his employer, if he is an employee in any government or private institution.
- The applicant must satisfy any other requirements specified by the University Council at the time of application.
- Selection from among applicants, who satisfy all the admission requirements, is based on their grades in secondary school examinations, as well as the results of the interviews and the admission examinations, if any.
The following requirement has been stipulated for the admission of a student (non-Saudi resident) with a scholarship from within the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
- Permanent residence in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the approval of the sponsor to study at the university. The following requirements have been stipulated for the admission of a student with a scholarship from outside the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia:
- Age of not less than 17 years and not more than 25 years for study at the undergraduate level at the Institute of Teaching Arabic to Non-Native Speakers or the like, to which the Office of the Rector may give exemption for good reason;
- Approval by the government of the applicant’s country to study in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia only if the country stipulates the same for Saudi students seeking to study there;
- No other scholarship from any other educational institution in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia;
- Certificates or identifying documents endorsed by authorities determined by the university;
- Certificate of no criminal record in the applicant’s country; and
- A recommendation letter.